Senior Structural Engineer – Kingston, ON
McNeely Engineering Limited has been providing Structural Engineering expertise in Kingston and throughout Eastern Ontario since 1990. We are a small “boutique” firm with a solid and loyal client base. Kingston is an underserved and growing market for new buildings and renovation projects. Due to Kingston’s growth, we have many exciting multi-storey projects to work on without the high cost of living in a big city and frustration of a long daily commute. Kingston has all the amenities of a big city but with a small town charm and is an excellent city to live and raise a family. Visit www.visitkingston.ca to learn more.
McNeely Engineering is looking for a senior structural engineer, comfortable dealing with clients and working in a team based environment. The role requires a goal oriented individual who is able to work independently with little supervision and has the ability to focus and complete multiple tasks within specified time frames.
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings.
- Prepare detail design calculations and planning reports.
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion
- Preparation of reports and studies.
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines
- Comfortable dealing with clients and communicating with contractors
- Mentor and train junior staff.
- Direct drafting for complete and accurate documentation.
- Must be a Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- 8 to 15 years of structural engineering design experience.
- Possess strong analytical skills in structural engineering.
- Must have previous structural steel, reinforced concrete and wood design experience.
- Proficient in the use of structural engineering design software. (RISA, Etabs)
- Familiar with the Ontario Building Code.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail.
McNeely Engineering Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit based profit sharing bonuses and self-directed benefits compensation.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest in our firm and the effort of your application, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.